Monday, May 26, 2008

Your mouth is not a trash can!


After I've put it out there to my non judgemental girlfriends, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that does some pretty gross things as a parent. I began to realize that almost daily I was doing something that required the pause..and the inevitable "why the hell did I just do that" question. And I knew I had to share this with you soon after my husband came up with the quote of the day, I had picked something sticky off the seat of the car and put it directly in my mouth when, "Your mouth is not a trash can" was said to me. Something a parent might have say to a child perhaps, not to his wife. This is a strange habit I recently developed soon after my child learned how to eat solid food. I will eat something off his highchair tray he didn't finish..harmless..Then it's something he dropped on the kitchen or living room floor...not so bad, right? I found my self in the aisle of the grocery store picking up, yet again, another spilled bag of granola bites off the floor. I had them in my hand as I moved through the aisles. Then as I went to grab some milk I popped the bite size(dirty)granola bites into my mouth. God what is wrong with me? Parenting in general can just be disgusting. No longer are the days you can use the bathroom in private, now you have to read Peekaboo Bear to your child(for the tenth time)while you're on the toilet. How about eating a sandwich right after an application of diaper rash cream, forgetting to wash your hands because your that hungry. I've seen that trailer for Tina Fey's new movie Baby Momma when the women asks her son if the smudge he has on him is chocolate or poop, she tastes it, and realizes it's chocolate. To a mom this scenario is not so far fetched.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh my God, you are too funny!