Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My birth-a-versary weekend in NH



As many of you know I was married on my birthday 5 years ago. Hungry for a little nostalgia, I recently spent the weekend (sans husband) in beautiful NH, enjoying the foliage and my family. Friday my actual b-day/anniversary was spent hanging with Mom, a quick trip to my Orthopedic Dr., then to visit with my Grand Mother in the rehab (knee surgery, not drugs.) Hermanos chicken garlic nachos for dinner, then white chocolate and espresso martinis with Kristi at the Common Man, the site of our rehearsal dinner, for dessert. All and all perfect day! The rest of the weekend followed suit, playing in the yard Saturday, off to the farm for pumpkin picking and ice cream. (Wow have you noticed my weekend revolved mainly around junk food. Hey, I'm still well within my "you just had a baby" time limit) Then we had dinner at Kristi's with Mom, Dad, My good friend (and Oliver's God mother) Lauren, and of course Alise and Korey. Sat by the fire with some good wine, stayed up WAY too late, and payed for it the whole next day. We apple picked in the morning at Gould Hill, what a beautiful day, although quite chilly. Oliver has never worn so many clothes! Cheeks still rosy, we went to Moms for lunch with my cousin Trista and "Chitney", yes that is my brother Chip and his girlfriend Whitney, we gave them a "Brangelina/Bennifer" name. They are very cute!

Although Scott was not with us for the weekend I don't think it fazed him much, he was down in Florida, in his element, with a friend from Nantucket. They spent the weekend fishing.

So that's how it is now. Flash forward five years and we're already taking our ideal vacations, just not together. Wrapping up Olivers third trip on an airplane in the last three months. He did pretty good! I think we'llstay put for a while, I've had my fill of changing poopy diapers in an airplane bathroom.

No comments: