Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Two little time...

You all know I have had a baby, you have face book. Della, she's beautiful..blah blah. Welcome back to my blog.
I’ve entered the full on balancing act that is parenting two under two. When I have a few good minutes, I have this book that I’m reading called Beyond Two; Growing a family and getting a life. The Growing a family I have managed to do quite well, it’s the getting a life part I’m having a hard time with these days. Most of my outings consists of trips to Target. Not terribly stimulating for me. It can be hard when you sacrifice yourself to the motherhood. Putting your career and social life on hold to have babies and raise them yourself at home. Staying at home with the two is great but can also be lonely and excruciatingly redundant. Being a parent of one you still have mobility, limited, but it’s there. You can venture out while they quietly sleep in the car seat, or snuggled up in a carrier. When it’s you against two, you don’t take trips that aren’t 100% necessary. Unless your prepared to be ambushed by the unthinkable dual meltdown. I’ve spent plenty of time driving in my car just to avoid it. Burning more gas than I care to think about just to get them to sleep at the same time. When you and your husband are parents for the first time you become a couple with a child. When you find your self with two or more it becomes a tag team partnership. Doing the not always graceful dance of putting out fires in tandem. One night Scott was in the bedroom dealing with our screaming toddler not wanting to get his diaper changed, as if we don’t do this to him several times daily for the last two years of his life. I had come out of the bathroom with a whaling newborn fresh from a bath she hated every blood curdling second of. We looked at each other and laughed. I yelled out “I love you!” over the two hysterical children and that’s one of those moments ,always have burned into your brain, when you realize… we have kids! You have to laugh, if you don’t you’ll drowned in a puddle of your own sweat and tears. Don’t get me wrong if you have ever had a phone conversation with me you know there have been tears. It’s gotten better, everyday gets a little easier. I’ve found somewhat of a good routine with the kidsI get days like this once a week when my Mother in Law takes Oliver for the day and I get to be a mother of one again for a day. It is a nice relaxing day usually spent running errands and sometimes I get a nap in! Plus I get to Blog again. I need something to keep my brain from turning any further into pudding.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Oh sweetie, you are such an amazing mom and person!! :). You made me giggle, I have to say!