
And not liking it! I give mad props to the single parents out there. It's tough stuff. Oliver and I have been without daddy for 2 days. Scott went on a much needed mental vaca down south with his friend from up north. Fishin', drinkin' and baseball watching.(Red Sox just beat the Yankees!) I'm sure he didn't have deal with the Wiggles or other peoples poop. Lucky man.
It just so happened that I was thinking of how great it would be to get away, Guilt free. And by that I mean "Mommy guilt" free. I know if I needed to Scott would have no problem with me getting away for a bit, I just don't think I could. Any of you moms know just what I mean. The Mom guilt is all consuming, it comes with the territory like stretch marks and the desire to cut off all your hair. And the weird thing is I picked up my new copy of Parenting magazine (ironically ignoring my child to read about how to better take care of him) and there was this article, as if put there on purpose, just for me, just for this very weekend, about how to free yourself from the Mommy guilt. (But of course I still felt guilty for reading instead of playing with my child.) It's a hard thing to separate from. Being a Mom and being who you always were. Yeah things will change (God I hope so) but you have to trust that it will be ok if you go away for the weekend with or without your husband. It's ok to call upon a sitter to go to a movie or just to sit on the beach for a few hours. The child will thrive without you there 24/7, he might even be better off. And on another note, I'm done feeling like less of a mom by not giving my toddler (who can't even speak English yet) Spanish lessons. I tried it, I'll teach him what I know and that will have to do for now.
Good thing about being alone..No one to tell you, you shouldn't buy pizza, ice cream and Twizzlers all in the same weekend. Bad thing..No one to talk you out of buying pizza, ice cream and Twizzlers. Good thing..Catching up on phone calls,
e-mails and Blogs. Bad thing..No one to talk to. Good thing..I watched Hannah Montana without the strange glares. Bad thing..I watched Hannah Montana.

1 comment:
You are a wonderful mom!! : ) Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment