So My Father was down visiting from snowy NH, we had a great time! I'de say he's settled into retirement quite well and I'm very glad to see it!
So I was given some homework via my sisters blog that I've been putting great thought into. Things we can count on to be there for us, unwavering in their quality and reliability. So Kristi, here's to you! Thanks for the great idea and I hope all of you reading this will either have already read Kristi's (which are good ones) or will hop over to her blog and read em after this. I have a few of the same items but I have a feeling if you complete your homework and make your own list they will show up there too. And that is why I like you... E mail your list to me katiefader@yahoo.com or for fun start your own blog.
I'de like to first start out by saying that this list will not include friends and family. You know I can always count on you, so I don't feel the need to mention names..you know who you are! So here we go.. sing it with me, "Rain drops on roses and itunes and pod casts ,napping and flip flops and beautiful sunsets...These are a few of my favorite things...." Enjoy
NAPS- Weather it be on a couch, in a bed or anywhere else, there is nothing more enjoyable then snuggling up for a quicky or a good long one. This is obvously on the top of my list because it is the one I think about most often during the day.

FLIP FLOPS- Mine are black Reefs, about five years old and they reak! I love them. I wear them to work, parties, dinner out,or to the beach, you name it. They are comfy,and simple. And when I was bloated and pregnant there was no other shoe! (alothough they have a close runner up now, my brand new black mary-jane Crocks.)

PICTURES- Taking them, sharing them , looking through albums. Love'em, love'em!
GOOD SHAMPOO- And by good I mean professional products.
(and no the stuff they sell at Target and CVS isn't always the real deal...Don't buy it! pun intended)

I love my hair (most days) and even though I might get a deal on them that will always be something I will invest in! You'll go out and spend $30 on dinner one night, but no more than $5.99 at the grocery store for shampoo? It's your hair people! Take care of your hair,and it will love you back!
BOBBY PINS-I use them in my hair all the time-In a pretty up do or just to get my bangs the hell out of my face. I've even held up the hem of my pants with them.
FRENCH BREAD- No Longer a staple or even a part of my diet but I can look back fondly how many ways it has made me happy. (I'll try to keep the food items to a minimum, but isn't that what makes most of us happy? come on..)
As a sandwich, dipping it in herbs garlic and oil, as crustini, just with butter, Italian style or the best, served warm with nutella. The baguette never let me down.

I might as well keep going with the consumables. This one pairs well with the last.
WINE-It has been known to bite me in the ass from time to time but I'm still a fan of the way it can make me feel (and no, not just drunk) Like at a tasting- there is so much to learn about wine,there is this whole culture surrounding it, They even made a movie about it! I love to discover new kinds, and uncover the life each wine has.
I like to drink a nice red out of a large glass at a dark bar. A Chardonay goes great on a hot day on my patio. Like my sister, I like to start the night with something nice, Pinot Noir or Chardonay, but as the night progreses it usually dosn't matter and if it's coming from a magnum-it really must be late. I mean I'm only a few years past my days of drinking white zin.
POD CASTS/ i TUNES- (music in general)
I'll lump these together because one doesn't exsisit without the other, that I'm aware of. (Yes another thing my sister has introduced me to. Big sisters have a lot of influence, always have, always will!) POD CASTS are my new obsession. Give this one a try if you have the capability. In the I Tunes store you can subscribe to free weekly or sometimes daily POD CAST of some of your favorite things. This is the best thing I have found in a long time. Just to name a few of the ones I have subscribed to; Spanish Pod 101, a weekly spanish lesson-always great! Mannic Mommies- very funny and thought pravoking, and NPR's "Wait,Wait don't tell me" for all you screaming librals- a bit of news and political humor. And of course a one on Wine.
I listen to them on my I POD weekly at the grocery store or while driving. It's a mental vacation man! I love listening to all different kinds of music.
I set my moods to music. It brings people together,and gives you something to discuss but it can also divied people and cause problems. (Just ask Scott about the argument we had one night about the Back Street Boys. Gheesh) All in All music makes life better, plain and simple and on that note... THE GARDEN STATE SOUNDTRACK / and movie-
This is one of my stand by favoites. I've had many late nights listening to this with or without people. I absolutley love every song on this album. I can't describe the way it makes me feel, but when I'm listening to it I'm very aware of who I am.
The movie was brilliant too. Defiantley in the all time top 10- another list for another time.

SUNSETS- In Nantucket,or Florida I could watch it every day and never tire of the beauty of it and the way it can attractively end every day as if an event of it's own. (except on those cloudy days)
So I think thats good- Now I would love to hear yours. And keep in mind these are things that never let you down, and you can always feel good about yourself when you are enjoyng them- If you don't have any in mind go, find one. Try something new today and you might just find your "simplicity for the soul." I think it gives us all a little more insite to who we really are. (I might have strayed from the origianl premis a touch.)
Wow he is still asleep-nice! Although he did have shots today. Maybe I can still get my nap in.
"Today is gone. Today was fun. Tomarrow is another one. Every day, from here to there, funny things are everywhere."-Dr. Seuss
Enjoy Life!

2 comments:
Daaaaaaaaaang. Pretty sweet list, Garden State - good one! We need to do some top 10 lists in the future (to include: places, films, music, food (duh), drinks, etc)
How did Ferberizing Oliver go? Did it work??
Post a Comment