.jpg)
We just tore our bathroom (yes the one and only) down to the studs. In turn we had a great little mini Vaca' at the Fader's. I had extra hands with the baby which meant plenty of e-mail checking, an occasional nap, far too many glasses of wine and a dip or two in the hot tub! yeah! Meanwhile poor Scott was stuck in our 20 square foot bathroom for four days straight and threw out his back on what we thought would be the last day of the remodel..not quite...
like any project it will probably end up being a few months behind schedule. But when it's done, Wow, like night and day man! Praises for my Handy Hubby!!(and his fantastic father!) So Oliver..He's getting big of course and should be walking any day now. I can't believe he's coming up on his first birthday. You know you plan all this time to have a baby, and they really aren't babies for very long and that's when you realize..
Oh My God I actually have a child!
They start to look big in their crib. You just cut the feet off their feetie pajamas because he was busting out of them. They have their own little opinion of what to eat and especially what NOT to eat. There are snacks you both enjoy, like gold fish, Popsicles, veggie bottie and graham crackers.(I end up eating what I intended to feed him, Bad mommy -no surprise he hates peas and loves mac and cheese.) They know how to make you laugh and they do it over and over. Smiles show nubby little teeth. (that actually don't look so bad!) And he sleeps through the night. (occasionally)
I have a little boy that will grow up to be a man. Wow that is something you never think about when all you have is babies on the brain. All you think about is being pregnant, then you are, then it's all getting ready for that baby you can never actually picture, then they're born and it's like you've always known them. Then they turn into this person. (That if I hadn't gone through 16 hours of brutal labor I would never be convinced he's my own.) What a great little person he is too! It really is a strange thing when you realize that you are indeed a parent! (and damn proud!)

1 comment:
Can't wait to see the new bathroom! Oh, Oliver. Getting so big!
Post a Comment